Terms & Conditions
MILLENNIAL NETWORKS is committed to maintaining the highest standards of ethical and legal conduct in the collection, use and disclosure of information about its customers and anyone visiting the Websites owned and/or operated by MILLENNIAL NETWORKS and/or the social media accounts managed by MILLENNIAL NETWORKS. We consider our customers and users’ personal information to be an important subject of concern and care and take precautions to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
disclosed and for how long it will be kept in the company’s records and/or systems and how customers and/or users can restrict the use or disclosure of the information that has been collected about them. This Policy applies only to information that is collected from customers and/or users in their capacity as customers and/or users.
This Policy constitutes the agreement on the collection, storage, management and disclosure of information between MILLENNIAL NETWORKS and its customers and/or users. By accessing and/or using the Websites owned and/or operated by MILLENNIAL NETWORKS, the social media accounts managed by MILLENNIAL NETWORKS (as such terms are defined below), the customers and/or users agree, and consent to, the MILLENNNIAL NETWORKS practices described in this
Policy and to the Term of Use adopted by MILLENNIAL NETWORKS for them.
Information we collect
MILLENNIAL NETWORKS collects a variety of information from its customers and its users. To this end, MILLENNIAL NETWORKS may collect the following information on or about its customers and/or users (as applicable):
· Personal Information
· Non-Personal Information
· Customer Proprietary Network Information or CPNI.
· Equipment and Log Information – Information that MILLENNIAL NETWORKS obtains from the fixed equipment, including, when the people who visit our Websites, as defined in this Policy, are in roaming or Wi-Fi mode, that somehow identifies the equipment and that they provide voluntarily and that is recorded in our servers.
· Network Diagnostic and Performance Information: MILLENNIAL NETWORKS may collect information about your equipment for diagnostic and performance analysis purposes and to determine the use you make of our network, including, when you access our network via a Wi-Fi connection service or using a mobile device.
· Location Information: MILLENNIAL NETWORKS may collect information about the location of the equipment you use to access our Websites or when it is on, subject to coverage limitations. Some products installed on mobile telephone equipment, such as, but not limited to, signals from the Global Positioning System or “GPS,” the sensors in mobile devices and/or equipment, Wi-Fi connection access points and cell tower IDs may be used to infer or estimate a precise location. You may choose to switch off the location services of your equipment. Certain equipment and/or apps may also offer additional location control configurations.
How We Collect Information
MILLENNIAL NETWORKS collects information about you in several ways.
· Information provided by the customers and/or users: MILLENNIAL NETWORKS may collect information that is voluntarily provided by the customer or user to request, use or purchase MILLENNIAL NETWORKS products or services, or that they voluntarily provide when otherwise communicating with MILLENNIAL NETWORKS. For example, MILLENNIAL NETWORKS may collect information when a customer or user requests information about any
MILLENNIAL NETWORKS product or service, creates an account with MILLENNIAL NETWORKS, when they submit a claim contesting any charges from their invoice.
· Information that is gathered automatically. The MILLENNIAL NETWORKS Web network servers automatically recognize the domain name of the person who visits our Websites, such as for example, .com, .edu, .pr, etc., from which they access our Website, which pages they visit on our site and how long they spend on each page.
· Monitoring tools, Web beacons or other similar types of technology. MILLENNIAL NETWORKS can also use monitoring tools for Web pages (such as Web beacons or similar technology) to monitor the use of its Websites and to know where visitors come from and where they go after leaving our site. Web beacons are electronic files, also known as web bugs, pixel tags or gif, which are used to monitor user behavior on the Website and are commonly used in conjunction with cookies. For example, when a user accesses a browser it loads the image and certain non-personal user information is stored, such as for example, how long they stay on the page, the browser type, the Internet protocol address, among other information. MILLENNIAL NETWORKS may use web beacons to count the number of people accessing its Websites. Although you can configure your browser to not accept and/or delete cookies, web beacons and other similar technology could detect the visits to our Websites but without collecting non-personal information collected through cookies. MILLENNIAL NETWORKS does not monitor the customer’s and/or user’s activity on websites not belonging to MILLENNIAL NETWORKS. MILLENNIAL NETWORKS collects this information and uses it to evaluate, optimize and improve our Websites and to evaluate and improve the performance of our wireless devices.
· Voice Controlled Apps: To the extent that MILLENNIAL NETWORKS has voice-controlled apps available, and you use them MILLENNIAL NETWORKS, it is possible that said app may collect and record your requirements and other information about you and your phone.
· Other sources: MILLENNIAL NETWORKS may collect information from customers and/or users from other sources, either with their consent and/or through the acquisition of information collected by third parties. For example, receiving credit information about a customer regarding the hiring of a service with MILLENNIAL NETWORKS, email lists and/or demographic and/or marketing data containing information about customers and/or users, among others.
How We Use the Information We Collect
MILLENNIAL NETWORKS uses the information it collects from its customers and/or users for different purposes. The following is a description of the way MILLENNIAL NETWORKS uses information collected from its customers or users for the following purposes:
· Routing calls or sending text messages.
· Provide or offer any MILLENNIAL NETWORKS service and/or product.
· Confirm the delivery of products and services purchased from MILLENNIAL NETWORKS.
· Send invoices and collect payments for services contracted with MILLENNIAL NETWORKS.
· Validate a customer’s identity when providing any service and/or technical support for a service contracted with MILLENNIAL NETWORKS.
· Create and/or modify our products and services.
· Provide technical support and upgrade services for our network, products and/or services.
· Provide you information regarding the user experience and inform you of interesting product and service offers.
· Protect our rights, interests, security and property and those of our customers, users, service providers and other third parties.
· Protect the integrity and security of our network, ensuring its quality control and optimization capability.
· Prevent any misuse, illegal activity, suspected fraud and/or potential threats to our network.
· Comply with the laws, regulations and any other applicable legal provision.
· Grouping of information: MILLENNIAL NETWORKS may group non-personal information in anonymous categories used by MILLENNIAL NETWORKS for statistical and operational control purposes.
For example, in order to compare the behavior related to the use of internet from customers and/or users in a specific geographic area with another, MILLLENNIAL NETWORKS may transform non-personal information into information that can identify the customer or user and combine their data that meets certain criteria, such as the zip code, to understand the differences or similarities between both groups.
· Specific Purposes. When the users and/or customers who visit our Websites and/or social networks provide information about themselves for a specific purpose, MILLENNIAL NETWORKS uses it for that purpose. For example, to provide information requested by the user. When the users and/or customers that visit our sites use them to request services and/or products or information about them, we may use the information the same way we would outside the Website. This, in order to evaluate your service needs and contact you about other services that may be of interest. However, the customer and/or user will always have the right to choose not to receive this information via an unsubscribe mechanism.
· No Publication of Mobile Phone Numbers. MILLENNIAL NETWORKS does not publish and/or provide the mobile phone numbers of its customers to third parties, without the customer’s consent, except as required by law or a court order.
· Marketing. MILLENNIAL NETWORKS may use the information it collects to communicate with the customers or users by telephone (calls or text messages) regarding MILLENNIAL NETWORKS products, services and offers that we consider may be of interest. A customer or user may contact MILLENNIAL NETWORKS at any time to opt out of receiving our marketing communications. MILLENNIAL NETWORKS does not send unsolicited email or “SPAM”. For more information, access the FCC Regulations on the National Do-Not-Call Registry and the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act (“CAN-SPAM-Act “)by accessing the www.fcc.gov/consumers.
MILLENNIAL NETWORKS offers a MILLENNIAL NETWORKS unsubscribe feature in its email and/or text message campaigns, so that the MILLENNIAL NETWORKS customers and/or users that receive them can opt-out of receiving further communications from MILLENNIAL NETWORKS via email. If a customer or a user receives an unsolicited email message from MILLENNIAL NETWORKS, they can simply opt-out of receiving future mailings.
It is possible for a user to see advertisements from MILLENNIAL NETWORKS, from MILLENNIAL NETWORKS advertisers and/or third parties, on their mobile device or when they visit our Websites, as defined in this Policy. Any third-party advertisement may place cookies or web beacons or any other similar technology in your equipment and collect anonymous information about your visit. MILLENNIAL NETWORKS has no control over the information that third party advertisers may place on your equipment when.
MILLENNIAL NETWORKS can help its advertisers better communicate with its customers and may provide some of its advertisers’ certain non-personal information about customers and/or users to better target MILLENNIAL NETWORK’s advertising.
PREVENTION OF NETWORK FRAUD AND ABUSE:
MILLENNIAL NETWORKS may use personal and/or proprietary information of the network, proprietary information of the customer and/or user and/or information about the network and/or equipment in order to prevent and/or investigate network and
service fraud and/or abuse.
COMPLIANCE WITH THE LAW:
MILLENNIAL NETWORKS does its utmost to protect the privacy of customer and user information. However, MILLENNIAL NETWORKS may have to disclose personal information in those cases in which it is required by law, when there is a good faith
certainty that such an action is necessary in order to comply with a governmental and/or judicial proceeding and/or when there is a governmental and/or judicial resolution and/or order.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES:
The MILLENNIAL NETWORKS Websites and its Social Media Accounts contain links to other Websites and Social Media. MILLENNIAL NETWORKS is not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed in other Websites and other social media accounts that are not owned by and/or operated, managed by and/or on behalf of MILLENNIAL NETWORKS, as applicable.
MILLENNIAL NETWORKS is not responsible for any information that customers and/or users publicly disclose and/or share in and/or through Public Forums and/or the Social Media Accounts managed by and/or on behalf of MILLENNIAL NETWORKS, as such terms have been defined in this Policy. Information publicly disclosed and/or shared by customers and/or users in the Public Forums or in the Social Media Accounts managed by and/or on behalf of MILLENNIAL NETWORKS, may be accessed, stored and used by third parties.
UPDATING THE CONTACT INFORMATION
The client must call 787-945-2260 to request a change in the contact information.
WHEN DOES MILLENNIAL NETWORKS SHARE INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT A CUSTOMER AND/OR A USER:
MILLENNIAL NETWORKS does not sell or rent or provide personal information to unaffiliated third parties to market their products and/or services without your consent.
Except where this policy states otherwise, MILLENNIAL NETWORKS may disclose or share customer and/or user information with third parties when:
· It is given with the customer’s and/or user’s consent.
· It is given to another holder of the account (in the case of customers).
· It is given to a MILLENNIAL NETWORKS service provider to complete transactions and/or perform some technical support service on behalf of MILLENNIAL NETWORKS.
· In connection with events outside of its ordinary business practices, including but not limited to a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer or sale of assets, reorganization, liquidation, and/or in cases of bankruptcy or receivership.
· It is a legal procedure and to protect MILLENNIAL NETWORK’s rights. See, Compliance with the Law.
· It is an emergency in which the life and/or property of the people concerned is in danger, subject to the legal provisions that so authorize.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION:
MILLENNIAL NETWORKS uses encrypted Secure Socket Layer technology to transmit information and/or exchange data (information on social security cards, social security number, etc.) between a customer and/or user (via the Internet) and a server. The SSL protocol is used to ensure that the information is sent directly to MILLENNIAL NETWORKS and that only MILLENNIAL NETWORKS can decrypt it.
MILLENNIAL NETWORKS retains the information and/or data it collects from its customers and from its users solely while there is some type of relationship and/or business need, for the term permitted by the applicable state or federal laws or regulations. MILLENNIAL NETWORKS maintains effective internal procedures for the protection, retention and destruction of documents and information stored physically and electronically.
Regulations applicable to the CPNI
The federal CPNI regulation adopted by the FCC, as explained below, sets the rules that telecommunications and VoIP service companies must meet regarding the use and disclosure of their customer’s CPNI. The federal CPNI regulations establish that telecommunications and VoIP service companies, such as MILLENNIAL NETWORKS, may only disclose the customer’s CPNI, via telephone or online access, when the customer provides their password. Furthermore, such regulations require that its customers specifically authorize (opt-in) the disclosure of their CPNI to third parties, affiliated or not, and to independent contractors for purposes related to marketing communications related to the services contracted by the customers.
MILLENNIAL NETWORKS maintains effective internal procedures to ensure compliance with the laws and regulations, both state and federal, aimed at protecting CPNI. MILLENNIAL NETWORKS does not disclose its customers’ CPNI to third parties without each customer’s consent, except as permitted by the rules adopted by the FCC. Should MILLENNIAL NETWORKS be interested in using its customers’ CPNI they must obtain their prior consent, which may be obtained by any of the following two methods adopted by the FCC. The first one is (i) an “opt-out” or voluntary exclusion clause and the second one is an “opt-in” or explicit participation clause.
· When using the “opt-out” method – MILLENNIAL NETWORKS sends the customer a notice informing them that they will consider that the customer has given their approval for the use of their CPNI for commercial purposes unless the customer tells them not to do so within a period of thirty (30) days.
· When using the “opt-in” method – MILLENNIAL NETWORKS sends the customer a notice whereby they request the customer’s specific authorization to use their CPNI for commercial purposes.
MILLENNIAL NETWORKS may obtain said consent in writing; online, through agreements that require their acceptance by clicking on the “Accept” or “Authorize” button or that term that is available at the time the customer gives their consent.
Should there be any changes of the CPNI information in their account, MILLENNIAL NETWORKS will be required to notify the customer of said changes using the communication channels adopted by the FCC regulation. The notice cannot disclose the nature of the change in the CPNI made to their customer’s account. MILLENNIAL NETWORKS is required to notify the relevant federal authorities of any violation and/or breach associated with its customers’ CPNI. Furthermore, MILLENNIAL NETWORKS is required to notify its customers regarding said violation and/or breach and keep a record of it.
MILLENNIAL NETWORKS has adopted Broadband Network Management Practices. The network management information provided here is intended to provide additional information on MILLENNIAL NETWORKS’ network management practices.
Your use of MILLENNIAL NETWORKS’ online services are subject to various terms and conditions of service, applicable to residential and business customers of MILLENNIAL NETWORKS’ Internet Access Service, the terms and conditions of which are available on our website www.millennialnetworks.com
Nothing in this document is intended to change your rights and obligations, or ours, under any of MILLENNIAL NETWORKS’ terms of service or policies. The description of MILLENNIAL NETWORKS’ Broadband Network Management Practices is for informational purposes only and may be modified at any time.
GENERAL NETWORK MANAGEMENT PRACTICES:
MILLENNIAL NETWORKS does not incur in practices or schemes of modification, filtering or prioritization in the handling of traffic that unreasonably discriminate in the transmission of legal traffic on the network. Likewise, MILLENNIAL NETWORKS does not block non-harmful legal content, ports, applications, services or equipment (subject to reasonable network management).
Traffic information is not stored, it is not disclosed to third parties, nor is it used by MILLENNIAL NETWORKS for purposes not related to the management of the network. Exception: MILLENNIAL NETWORKS requires that all “outbound” email traffic originating from MILLENNIAL NETWORKS’ network be routed through a MILLENNIAL NETWORKS approved mail server.
MILLENNIAL NETWORKS’ Internet Access Service must be used exclusively for legal purposes. Customers may not used such service or try to use it in any way that violates the law. MILLENNIAL NETWORKS reserves the right to terminate Internet Access Service, without prior notice, in response to misuse of the service, including but not limited to: transmitting junk mail (spam, unsolicited, or unknown sender email, for commercial purposes), transmit, disseminate or make available in any material form that constitutes a criminal offense, results in civil liability or that in any other way is against any applicable law, regulation, code or practice.
MILLENNIAL NETWORKS does not exercise control over the content, quality and precision of the information that passes through the network as part of the Internet Access Service. Customers are responsible for ensuring that no “software” or “hardware” attached or attached to MILLENNIAL NETWORKS causes network degradation. Any damage caused to the network as a result of a customer not properly securing their system could result in immediate termination of service.
MILLENNIAL NETWORKS reserves the right to take action at any time to protect the integrity and operation of its network and safeguard its customers from Internet-related threats, fraud and abuse.
RULES FOR ADHESION OF APPARATUS OR DEVICES:
Customers may attach any legal device or device to the network, as long as it does not adversely affect the same or the provision of the
Internet Access Service, facilitates the theft of the service, or violates the security terms of MILLENNIAL NETWORKS.
MILLENNIAL NETWORKS does not offer technical support to customers for the installation and configuration of third-party devices or devices. MILLENNIAL NETWORKS is not responsible for any damage, direct or indirect, caused by the installation of third-party devices
It is the Internet Access Service using variants of the technology known as “Wireless Broadband Service (WBS), which uses the fixed line to allow the customer to browse the Internet through their Internet account, as well as send and / or receive information electronically through the client’s email address and / or company domains The speed of the service will be offered under the plan chosen by the client in the geographical areas where it is technologically feasible.
For information about our services and prices, please visit our website www.millennialnetworks.com and select from the menu. Prices may be subject to change without prior notification.
Broadband is provided on a line basis and not on a computer basis. The speed of the service may vary due to network or Internet congestion, the configuration of your computer, the use you make of the service, the condition of the interior wiring of your residence or business, among other factors.
Formal Anyone may file a formal complaint or dispute with the FCC. Before filing the complaint, the complainant must notify the defendant about the dispute, in writing, indicating that it is a violation of the rules adopted in the FCC Order on “Open Internet”. After the filing of the complaint, the defendant must submit an answer to it. The complainant will have the opportunity to send a reply to the respondent. The FCC will reach a determination on the conduct involved based on the evidence obtained from both parties.